SMART Fluoride Disposable Countertop Water Filter System
Crystal Quest® Fluoride Removal + SMART Disposable Countertop Water Filter System is dependable and built to last for years. This counter top system installs in seconds and sits on the countertop for water on demand. Quick and easy to use, stylish, convenient, and effectively removes FLUORIDE and many contaminants from water. This solid state water filter uses the latest technologies that blend the adsorption capabilities of coconut shell activated carbon with Eagle Redox Alloy and more.
Dimensions: 3.5"L x 10.5" H x 3.5" W
- Designed in an attractive white, black or beige housing.
- Sits on the counter and easily connects to any kitchen faucet.
- Conveniently provides 10,000 gallons (1-3 years, or when the flow of water will automatically either stop or slow down greatly.)** of water. Great for homes, apartments or office use.
Suggested flow rate: 0.50 or less gallon per minute
- The unique design allows for a substantial amount of filtration media enabling more contact time with the water. More contact time means better filtration.
- It can be easily back washed. Semi annually back washing of the unit not only ensures balanced filtration and eliminates the potential for channeling, but also back-flushes the unit.
Option for countertop models only:Washable Pre-filtration Filter
Use for any countertop/faucet and helps remove the sediment thus enabling your filter to work more efficiently.
Water travels through 7 stages of filtration:
- In stages 1 and 7, water flows through pre and post one - micron filter pad (1 micron equals 1/25,000th of an inch), which removes suspended particles such as silt, sediment, cyst (Giardia, Cryptosporidium), sand, rust, dirt, and other un-dissolved matter.
- In stage 2, water flows through a FLUORIDE REMOVAL cartridge containing Fluoride Charcoal Granulated Activated Carbon (GAC), unless Aluminum Oxide is requested. This media is specifically designed to have a high affinity for Fluoride, Lead and Arsenic. It removes metals through a mixture of adsorption and chemical reaction with the media; therefore, the elimination is not reliant on ion exchange. It has uniform particle size, is physically stable and can be used over a wide pH range. Capacity: 4500 ppm Fluoride (Avg. 1000 to 1500 Gallons).* As high as 11000 ppm F+ with effluent levels below 0.2 ppm from 10 ppm F+ feed.*
- In stage 4, water flows through ion exchange resins, reducing heavy metals such as lead, copper, aluminum, and water hardness.
- In stages 3 and 5, water flows through a bed of media made of a special high-purity alloy blend of two dissimilar metals - copper and zinc (ERA-6500, ERA-9500). ERA-6500 and ERA-9500 are major advancements in water treatment technology that works on the electro-chemical and spontaneous-oxidation-reduction (Eagle Redox Alloy®) principles. Chlorine is instantaneously and almost inexhaustibly oxidized.
- In stages 6, water flows through granulated activated carbon (GAC). GAC is universally recognized and widely used as an effective adsorbent for a wide variety of organic contaminants, such as chlorine (99.9%), chemicals linked to cancer (THM's, benzene) pesticides, herbicides, insecticides, volatile organic compounds (VOC's), PCB's, MTBE's and hundreds of other chemical contaminants that may be present in water causing bad taste and odors in your drinking water. All Crystal Quest® GAC is a mixed blend of coconut shell and catalytic GAC to address both chlorine, chloramines and these byproducts.
|Min Operating Pressure: 20 psi (pounds per sq. in.)
Max Operating Pressure: 60 psi (pounds per sq. in.)
Min Operating Temperature: 40 degrees F
Max Operating Temperature: 90 degrees F
Max Flow Rate: 0.3-0.5 gallons per minute